Norman R. Wright & Sons Boat Design is a complete marine design service using the latest technology.
Our full in-house service includes;
- Vessel design in compliance with Classification Society requirements and to National and International Survey and relevant Standards
- New design of pleasure and commercial vessels in traditional or light weight timber, FRP composite or aluminium structures
- Refits of pleasure and commercial vessels
- Renovation of classic and period vessels
- Systems upgrades and repowering and modernisation programs
- Tank testing and performance prediction
- Placing vessels into Survey
- Stability Reports
- Vessel’s external styling
- Interior design
- Design to meet CE requirements
- 3-D CAD generated images and video
- Full project management
- R&D Programs
Our in-house design team consists of a naval architect & two highly experienced boat builders, augmented by a capable marine draftsman, with a combined experience exceeding 120 years and an extensive portfolio of successful vessel designs.
From the initial proposal to the launch of the vessel, trialling and compliance documentation, we provide our clients with a complete in-house service for all of their needs. We can work in conjunction with the client’s representative and interior designer if required. Depending on the clients’ requirements, the vessel can be designed expressly to meet standards of local or international authorities.